"As we gather together this holiday season, may our hearts be grateful, our mugs be full, and our pants be stretchy!"
Who doesn't love the holidays? The parties, the decorations, the holiday recipes! It's a whirlwind of fun festivities. For our holiday party I was in charge of the tasty bites, a responsibility I take very seriously.
Chocolate Covered Marshmallows Recipe
I came across an easy and delish holiday recipe for Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows (c/o Budget Savvy Diva), and I knew it was meant to be. I'm absolutely OBSESSED with this quick dessert recipe now!
All you need for this sweet dessert recipe is a bag of jumbo sized marshmallows, chocolate chips, and sprinkles.
- 1 bag Jumbo Marshmallows
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Chips (I used Hershey's Dark Chocolate for the flavor and healthy antioxidants)
- Sprinkles (another option is broken peppermint sticks)
- Parchment paper
Easy Recipe Instructions
This really is a great recipe for a seasoned chef or a newbie foodie like myself - it's easy to make but the outcome is impressive and scrumptious! Just follow the simple steps below:
- Heat the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe container. Heat in intervals of 30 seconds, stirring each time until smooth
- Cover a plate with parchment paper
- One-by-one, place a marshmallow into the chocolate, cover fully, then place onto a plate covered with a sheet of parchment paper
- Decorate with sprinkles/peppermint - get creative!
- Repeat steps 3-4 with each marshmallow
- Place plate in refrigerator for 30 minutes to let the chocolate set
Finished product - you can see after cooling in the fridge, the chocolate has hardened a bit. Now, you dont get chocolate sauce all over your hands/clothes/house! It magically retains the great dark chocolate taste, as well as the chewy marshmallow consistency we all know and love.
The Obligatory Insta #onthetable :)
These were a big hit at our party - definitely a crowd pleaser! You really can't go wrong with a dish that's both delicious and adorable like these are. Happy Holidays!