|Bag: c/o Anna Nova | Watch: Christian Paul c/o 101 Watch | Top: Target (similar here, here, and here) | Shorts: Target (Similar here, here and here) | Lace-Up Heels: Steve Madden | Necklace: c/o Wild Juniper|
*Note: This is a sponsored post. Thanks for supporting those who support Chow Down USA!
Photography by Icy Li Photography - definitely recommend her for anyone in the Boston area!
In the fashion show of life, the lead actors are usually dresses, shoes, tops and bottoms (and coats in the cooler months, naturally). Accessories such as handbags, watches, and jewelry tend to have the connotation of supporting actors. I've recently come to the realization that these supporting pieces are highly underrated, and I'm listing my top 10 reasons below!
1. Accessories can revive an outfit. You can wear the same top, bottoms, and shoes multiple times, but if you switch up the jewelry, watches, and handbags you can transform it into a variety of different outfits.
2. They can give you energy. Ever heard of retail therapy? Just as a new piece can transform an outfit, it can transform your mood. This doesn't mean you have to go on a shopping spree every day, week, or even month, but it means that picking up a new piece every now and then can give you an extra bounce in your step when you wear it!
3. Accessories give you options. No one wants to be pigeon-holed! Having a choice of bags, watches, and jewelry gives you control over something when you start your day. How amazing is the sleek design and print on this Anna Nova handbag? Definitely a go-to piece for fall!
4. They can be useful! I'm taking a 6.5 hour flight to San Francisco this week, and all phones must be turned off as per regulations! So having a watch is actually practical for me to keep track of how long we've been in the air and what time it is. The pretty marble face and rose gold frame on this Christian Paul c/o 101 Watch Store means it's on major repeat until pretty much the end of time!
5. They give you something to do with your hands. Instead of being on your phone 24/7 (guilty!), a long tassel necklace for example is a great tactile accessory to play around with. I love the beading and especially the soft leather tassel on this one!
6. They can prompt spring cleaning (any time of the year). Switching out handbags means going through all the stuff that's made it's way into my bags. I get to throw out old receipts and find missing items like my fitbit charger and hair ties!
7. They boost your creativity. Accessorizing is an art form, people! Colors, textures, and balance all come in to play and it's a good creative outlet for our busy days. Loving the scallop detail on the back of this bag!
8. Accessories make you unique. Sure, you can show up to a party in the same H&M dress as the next girl, but what will set you apart? What's the chance you'll both be wearing the same watch, bracelets, and bags as each other? Not too high! Show off your individuality with pieces that are all your own.
9. Accessories can be good for your brain function. Ok, hear me out here. Studies have shown that switching up your routine even a tiny bit - like brushing your teeth with you non-dominant hand or taking a new route to work in the morning - actually creates new neural connections in your brain! Essentially it wakes up your mind because it's learning something new, which is always a good thing. When you're getting creative in the morning, picking out new combinations of accessories is always a new experience and gets your mind going!
10. They can tell a story / be an ice breaker. When you're at a party, or even in the elevator with a co-worker or neighbor, they may comment on your earrings, watch, or bag. Maybe those earrings spark a story about how they were passed down from your grandmother, or how that watch is part of your new marble obsession and Selena Gomez has the very same one (true story)!
As you've probably guessed, my current accessories of choice include this gorgeous Bondi Marble 43mm watch by Christian Paul watches, which is sold by the amazing 101 Watch Store. I'm beyond smitten with it's large marble face and rose gold frame. They have so many high quality and chic watches, it's hard to choose a favorite!
Speaking of favorites, can we just talk about this "Love at Sunset" Anna Nova handbag? Anna Nova has been a major bag company in Australia for the past 11 years, and it's now making it's debut in the U.S.! The color of this handbag is beyond perfect for fall, and the quality is really impressive. I especially love the print on the side of the bag (the interior is a gorgeous print too), and the scallop detailing on the back and sides is so darling!
Comment Challenge: What's your favorite accessory at the moment?
Shop this post and more fun accessories below!
Linking up with: More Pieces of Me, Beauty by Miss L, Style Nudge, Pink Sole, B Loved Boston, Trend Spin Linkup, Style Sessions, Turning Heads, Mama and More, Shopping My Closet, The Mummy Chronicles, The Pleated Poppy, My Girlish Whims, Chic Street Style, Pumps and Pushups, Stylin In St Louis, Thursday Fashion Files + Curly Crafty Mom, Mix Match Fashion, East Coast Chic, Posh Classy Mom, Two Peas in a Blog, Myriad Musings, Happiness at Midlife, Being Zhenya , Style Diary by Osy, Sydney Fashion Hunter, Ms. Chanda, Meet at the Barre